What do you know about animals? I guess it’s just their names, colours and probably the sounds they make. Just like humans, animals, both domestic and wild have amazing qualities that you would be shocked to know about.
Anyways, these are amazing animal facts that you probably never knew before now.
Well, enjoy them but don’t forget to research more because it is only your curiosity that can help you to be more knowledgeable. A Chinese proverb says; “Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.”
- Only the males are called peacocks, females are called peahens.
- One specie of jellyfish is immortal. It can revert back to its child state after having become sexually mature, and therefore never dies.
- A snail can sleep for three years at a time.
- There are 1 million ants for every human in the world.
- A pig’s orgasm lasts 30 minutes.
- Octopuses have three hearts.
- Sharks kill fewer than 10 people per year. Humans kill about 100 million sharks per year.
- Wild dolphins call each other by name. “Oi, Flipper!”
- Elephants have a specific alarm call that means “human”.
- The male gentoo and Adelie penguins “propose” to females by giving them a pebble.
- Male and femalle koalas have two sex organs each.
- The only mammals to undergo menopause are elephants, humpback whales and human females.
- Prairie dogs are quirky creatures for a number of reasons: They’re giant rodents, they dig massive interconnected underground homes, and they kiss. While they’re actually touching their front teeth to identify each other when they seem to be sweetly sharing a smooch, it was explained by BBC that scientists believe prairie dogs “‘kiss and cuddle’ more when they are being watched by zoo visitors,” because they “appeared to enjoy the attention.”
Now that you’ve known these amazing facts. You should strive to know more by researching, reading and having a curious mind.