Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has approved upward review of the mode of payment of Ondo State Workers’ salary for August, 2021 earlier announced by the Bureau of Information of the Organized Labour Union in the state.
It would be recalled that, the Organized Labour Union after it’s meeting with government on the 26th, August, 2021 to consider FAAC RECEIPTS and VAT INFLOW vis-a-vis what is payable from the balance had agreed to payment of 65% balance of April, 2021 salary and 10% part payment of May, 2021 salary totaling 75%.
According to Akeredolu, the directive is in line with the demonstration of the governor’s commitment to regular payment of Workers’ salary as well as given priority to their welfare, while directing payment of 65% balance of April, 2021 and 35% part payment of May, 2021 to make it 100%, in addition to January and February, 2021 part payment of consolidated leave bonus for the year 2021.
The State Head of Service, Pastor John Adeyemo made this known at the quarterly interactive meeting with the Ondo Service Improvement Programme (ODSIP) Change Ambassadors in Akure, the state capital, adding that the backlog of salaries and other benefits of workers are burning issues in the mind of Governor Akeredolu and has been working on modalities to off-set them.
Pastor Adeyemo reminded the Change Ambassadors, who he said were representatives of workers in their respective MDAs to be committed to the concept of performance management in light of the redeemed Agenda of Akeredolu administration as discussed at the last interactive meeting while also admonishing them to continue to be patient and exhibit understanding with the government at this critical period.
Meanwhile, leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo State have opted for consensus ahead of the Local Government Congress of the party slated for Saturday, September 4, 2021.
The leaders unanimously settled for the consensus mode at a well attended stakeholders’ meeting in Akure, the Ondo state capital.
Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, led his deputy, Hon. Lucky Aiyedatiwa; and the state APC acting chairman, Engr. Ade Adetimehin.
Other party leaders present at the meeting included former Deputy Governors, Ali Olanusi and Lasisi Oluboyo; the Secretary to the State Government, Princes Oladunni Odu; deputy Speaker, Samuel Aderoboye; Chief Olusola Oke, SAN; Amb. Sola Iji; Pastor Kole Oluwajana; members of the state Executive Council; members of the state House of Assembly; Local Government Chairmen; and several APC leaders across the 18 Local Government Areas.
Governor Akeredolu, who is the leader of the party in the state, advised the stakeholders to always attach importance to the party meetings in the interest of its development.
Akeredolu appreciated everyone, particularly the APC chairman, Ade Adetimehin, for devoting time and expending energy for the development of the party, saying he has made sacrifices to unite and develop the party.
In his welcome address, Engr Adetimehin appreciated the party stakeholders for the peaceful conduct of the recently conducted Ward Congress across the 203 Wards in the state.
The party chairman enjoined the stakeholders to always put the interest of the party above personal interest.
Engr. Adetimehin, who warned that the party would not condone any form of indiscipline among members, appealed to all to work for the peaceful conduct of the LG Congress.
He appealed to all leaders to support and build one united and indivisible party and also learn to tolerate one another.
The Chairman explained that the APC government under Governor Akeredolu is doing well in all ramifications including infrastructure, education, agriculture, welfare of workers among others.