The Federal Ministry of Finance Headquarters in the Central Area of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja was reportedly on fire.
The details of the inferno as of the time of filing this report are unclear.
However, Eyewitnesses said that the fire was caused by an explosion of expired inverter batteries in the basement of the Minister’s building.
The Spokesperson of the Federal Fire Service, Abraham Paul, confirmed the incident, saying that the personnel of the fire service are currently battling the fire.
The Federal fire service also took to Twitter to state the fire has been brought under control.
According to sources, no casualty nor any major damage to the building was recorded as security officers in the premises promptly put out the fire.
An official of the ministry described it as “a minor fire incident”.
There has not been an official statement from the Ministry of Finance as of the time of filing.