The Nigerian Army has reported a fire outbreak at its headquarters complex in Abuja. The incident overused at the early hours of Tuesday.
It was gathered that the outbreak was due to a faulty electrical installation at one of the offices in the building.
The Director of Public Relations in the Nigerian Army, Brigadier General Mohammed Yerimah, confirmed the incident in a statement while stating that the headquarters was undergoing a renovation that involves electrical repairs at some offices. He added that the firefighters at the headquarters have already extinguished the fire as they released the statement.
In his words, “Electrical fault sparked a minor fire incident at the Army Headquarters Complex, Abuja, Tuesday morning,” Yerima said.
“The incident which happened at about 10.15 am was as a result of a minor electrical fault in one of the offices.”
“The Army Headquarters complex is currently undergoing some renovation involving electrical rework.”
“The Nigerian Army Fire Service Department has since put out the fire. No casualty was recorded during the incident, and normalcy has since returned to the complex.” He said.