A trailer carrying bags of flour in Port Harcourt overheated and went up in flames causing a gridlock in Eleme Local Government Area.
It was learnt that the trailer was overheated beyond the control of the driver, an eyewitness said. Our correspondent also gathered that the car just got ablaze and the driver jumped out to seek for help.
“We think say na play play, waiting we see na fire from the car.
“Naso the driver jump come out they call people for help.
Others blamed the driver for not been sensitive to the warning signals in his truck.
“The driver is not alert, how can you drive a vehicle until the water got dried up.”
“He is very lucky that he survived it.”
The incident which happened along Onne-trailer park road in Eleme Local Government Area, caused heavy gridlock in the area for more than seven hours, and left motorists stranded as many of them scampered for their safety.
Our correspondent reported that the truck driver and the boys at the front of the vehicle sustained injuries but we’re taking to the nearby hospital for treatment.
Attempt to contact the fire service was not successful according to be an eyewitness.