Two days after gunmen abducted a man and his 17-year-old son, both father and son have reportedly been released after the payment of ransom.
It was gathered that the gunmen abducted the victims on Tuesday, March 9, 2021.
The man, identifiied as Mr. Godwin Osakwe and his son are residents of Ahor community in Edo.
They were said to have been abducted in their community at the Benin Bypass by some yet-to-be identified gunmen, reports The Punch.
It was gathered that the gunmen had earlier contacted family members and had requested for the ransom to ensure their release.
They were, however, released on Thursday, March 11, after family members had raised the said three million naira demanded as ransom by the gunmen.
In another development, the Edo State Police Command Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Bello Kontongs, has confirmed another abduction in the state.
He said three people were kidnapped by gunmen at the National Institute of Construction Technology, Uromi in the Esan North-East Local Government Area of the state.
The SP, who noted that the police have launched a manhunt for the criminals, assured that the abductors would be subdued and be made to face the full wrath of the law.