The Management of Ignatius Ajuru University of Education has suspended the following students from studies for various offences:
- Faith Omie – Reg No. UE/2019/POL/B.Sc.Ed4/4890 – Dept. of Pol. Sc. for Exam Misconduct – Hired Sunday Ogaranya Ajie to Exam in POL. 214 for her.
- Sunday Ogaranya Ajie – Reg No. UE/2019/POL/BSc.Ed4/4498 – Dept. of Pol Sc. – Impersonation – was hired to write the Exam in POL. 214 for Faith Omie.
- Augustine Owen – Reg No. UE/2017/POL/BSc.Ed4/3052 – Exam Misconduct – was caught in an exam hall on 06.07.21 copying from a smart phone.
- Godwin Prince Chiduga – Reg No.UE/2017/POL/BSc.Ed4/0434 – Dept. of Pol. Sc – was caught in the exam hall with copied materials relevant to the course.
- Marvelous Wokoma – Reg No. UE/2017/POL/BSc.Ed4/0351 – Dept. of Pol. Sc. – was caught in the exam hall with copied materials relevant to the course.
- John Rich Dike – Reg No. UR/2017/HKHSC/BSc. Ed4/0192 – Dept. of Health, Human Kinetics & Safety – Involvement in Cult-related activities on Campus, causing bodily harm to a fellow student.
The Public Relations Officer of the Ignatius Ajuru University, Ngozi Okerelu who revealed this to our correspondent in Port Harcourt said after detailed findings from the management, it was concluded that the above students were guilty.
“Information from various quarters in the school revealed to us that some students are involve in cult related activities in the school campus and outside the school campus.
“Not only that, other ill activities, so the VC of the school set up an investigative committee headed by me to gather fact about the information. We went to their various departments invited the students for questioning and hearing.
“From the list of names I sent to you, you will discover that the student were involved in different illegal activities in the school, ranging from examination malpractices and other offenses against the rules and regulations of the school.
“So the management has no option after finding that the offences were actually committed by the students than to suspend them and let this serve as a warning to them and other students to desist from illegal activities within and outside the school campus.”
She added that all the cases have been sent to the Students Disciplinary Committee for further investigation.
The school PRO also disclosed that their names have also been sent to the DSS for profiling.