Not every day of our lives appears to be interesting. There are days you are not motivated; you feel like just staying in bed or just watching the television or even fixing your eyes on your phone and getting distracted on social media.
However, most of our days are filled with either getting serious things done at work or in school. Some of those times, you may not be motivated to carry out those tasks, yet you must do them.
Discouragement and setbacks are normal, notwithstanding, it is good to develop resilience that can help you carry on and pick up where you left off.
The following are some tips that can help you become motivated again:
1. Go over your goals and see if they are realistic in the timeframe you have set. While doing that, see if you need to adjust anything at all.
2. Break your goal down further into smaller and more achievable goals. When your goals are looking cumbersome and tasking, it may discourage you from achieving them.
3. Get motivated by others. You can do this by talking with a colleague, reading inspirational books, Hanging out briefly with friends or family who has reached similar goals to the ones you have set and learning from them.
4. Always Surround yourself with positive people. People who are Positive especially family and friends will help enhance your positive self-talk, which also helps to manage the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
5. Take a break and start afresh. It’s not out of place when you decide to start all over again. It does not mean you have failed.